Thursday, March 10, 2011

Never Say Never

I swore I wouldn't do it... I wouldn't become a blogger. I don't need any additional obligations, especially the self inflicted kind (which, incidentally, is the category the vast majority of my obligations fall into). I already have enough to manage between my job, my boys, my running, my photography, and my decision to go back to school this spring. And quite frankly, I doubt anyone is really interested in what I have to say. I am by no means a wordsmith and my mommybrain is apparently devoid of any original thoughts. So why am I doing this, you ask? Simple: my mother refuses to get a Facebook account. My life is out there... just not in a place my mother can see it. And since we live 1500 miles apart we need to find creative ways to keep in touch. So here you go mom... a blahhhhhg! Read it!

2 comments:

  1. I think that you will enjoy coming back to what you write and seeing how things change as time goes on. Your boys will grow and change and this is a great place to capture it. I understand what you're saying..about having not much to say or saying something original to say but it (the blog) doesn't need to be about being witty...it's about you and your family; about whatever you want to write about. Just make this about what makes you happy to write about and forget the rest! I happy just to enjoy you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! I really just want this blog to be an honest portrayal of the Life and Times of Jill. I do look forward to looking back (HA!) at this in a year and seeing how my boys have grown and changed. Childhood is so fleeting and it's great to live in a time where we can capture so much of it!

    ReplyDelete