Sunday, April 10, 2011

Shadows

This year I made a commitment to improving my photography skills.  I don't have time for traditional classes so I've been researching and reading and spending time scouring the blogs and Flickr pages of tons of portrait photographers.  One place that I have found lots of great info is I Heart Faces, a wonderful community of photographers of all skill levels.  Each week they hold a themed contest (for bragging rights) that anyone can enter.  I've been hesitant to enter anything because I still (and probably always will) doubt myself as an artist.  But this weeks theme jumped out at me and I also happened to have just taken a lovely photo that fit.  So here is my entry in the I Heart Faces: Shadows contest. 

   
My beautiful friend Brittany at 35 weeks pregnant  



18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shot! Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can feel the atmosphere !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Good luck to her on her upcoming delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great shot! So glad you shared it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool shot! I don't know if I'm more jealous of your unique capture or how your friend looks at 35 weeks pregnant! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! I don't think I would have ever thought of this perspective before. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that is cool! I love that the model's toes are barely visible at the top of the frame, great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Thanks for all of the feedback! It really means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great perspective. Beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. I love how the reflection in the water almost looks like a watercolor painting.

    ReplyDelete